FRAM TOUGH GUARD OIL FILTER REVIEW. FRAM TOUGH GUARD
Fram Tough Guard Oil Filter Review. Racor Fuel Filter Funnel. K And N Filters Canada.
Fram Tough Guard Oil Filter Review
- An oil filter is a filter to remove contaminants from engine oil, transmission oil, lubricating oil, or hydraulic oil. Oil filters are used in many different types of hydraulic machinery.
- a filter that removes impurities from the oil used to lubricate an internal-combustion engine
- A cartridge-filled canister placed in an engines lubricating system to strain dirt and abrasive materials out of the oil.
- look at again; examine again; "let's review your situation"
- reappraisal: a new appraisal or evaluation
- A formal assessment or examination of something with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary
- A critical appraisal of a book, play, movie, exhibition, etc., published in a newspaper or magazine
- A periodical publication with critical articles on current events, the arts, etc
- an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- A tough person, esp. a gangster or criminal
- street fighter: someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing
- hood: an aggressive and violent young criminal
- not given to gentleness or sentimentality; "a tough character"
- a person who keeps watch over something or someone
- to keep watch over; "there would be men guarding the horses"
- the person who plays that position on a football team; "the left guard was injured on the play"
- A person who keeps watch, esp. a soldier or other person formally assigned to protect a person or to control access to a place
- A body of soldiers serving to protect a place or person
- The household troops of the British army
- Fram ("Forward") is a ship that was used in expeditions of the Arctic and Antarctic regions by the Norwegian explorers Fridtjof Nansen, Otto Sverdrup, Oscar Wisting, and Roald Amundsen between 1893 and 1912.
- Fram is an impact crater in Meridiani Planum, on Mars. It was visited by the rover Opportunity (MER-B) on Sol 84, April 24, 2004.
- In the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien, the Eotheod were a group of Northmen who became the ancestors of the Rohirrim.
FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter is designed to provide backup filtration during cold start up. It features a combination of synthetic glass and cellulose media which offers exceptional filtration. This filter renders additional protection against larger particles of dirt. It protects the engine and facilitates a full liter at start-up.
The FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter is designed to keep your engine clean under the toughest and dirtiest of driving conditions. The filter utilizes a cellulose/synthetic filter media blend that contains 9% more synthetic fibers than competing filter models. Along with its anti-drainback valve, which holds a reserve of oil in the filter to help protect the engine during startups, this feature allows the Tough Guard Oil Filter to provide 6 times more engine protection than the average leading economy oil filter and maintain up to 7,500 change interval. Couple this with easy installation and the non-slip Sure Grip outer shell of the filter and you have unsurpassed engine protection necessary for the toughest conditions.
Six times the engine protection, startup protection and more.
Compare the FRAM product line to the competition.
Superior Engine Protection
Advanced features built into the FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter allow for superior engine protection, regardless of how tough the conditions. First, there is its filter media. Cellulose is the most commonly used filter material utilized in oil filters. The strength of this natural material is that it presents a random and irregular field of fibers to motor oil, trapping dirt, yet allowing oil to pass though. But as good a filtering agent as cellulose is, by itself, on average cellulose can only deliver about 80% dirt-trapping efficiency. Like many FRAM oil filters, and some competing models, the Tough Guard Oil Filter improves on the strengths of cellulose by blending it with microscopic glass synthetic fibers. Together this composite filtering media creates small windows that are able to trap the smaller dirt particles missed by other oil filters, without affecting the flow of oil. What sets the Tough Guard apart is that it uses a 9% higher level of synthetic media, providing 6 times more engine protection than the average of leading economy oil filters. This increase in dirt-trapping efficiency and its dirt-holding capacity allows it to achieve an unsurpassed 99% dirt trapping efficiency rate.
In addition to filtering media designed to protect engines while they run, the FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter also works to protect your engine when the your car is idle via its built-in silicone anti-drainback valve. Designed to hold a reserve of oil in the filter, this features helps protect the engine during startups by allowing the engine access clean, filtered oil at a time when its components may be lacking it, and need it most.
Quick and Easy Installation with "Sure Grip"
The FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter utilizes the FRAM exclusive no-slip Sure Grip feature. This textured application to the top of the filter makes it much easier to grip during installation and removal - even with oily hands. Steps for installation of the FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter are simple and include:
Easy, no-slip installation.
View larger. Unscrew the old oil filter and clean mounting base.
Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
Add oil to "full" on dipstick. Idle engine for five minutes and check for leaks.
FRAM filters are warranted against defects in design, materials and workmanship. New vehicle warranties remain in effect when FRAM filters are installed according to directions on FRAM filter packaging and replaced at least as often as vehicle manufacturer's recommended change intervals.
Today FRAM is known as America's number one oil filter brand, and the FRAM team continues to manufacture and market a variety of quality oil, air and fuel filters, as well as many automotive accessories such as PCV valves, crankcase filters and transmission modulators.
1. VS LEADING ECONOMY FILTERS' AVERAGE. FRAM Engine Protection ratings are based on multiplying an oil filter's dirt-trapping efficiency by its dirt-holding capacity.
2. Honeywell testing of filter efficiency and capacity of models equivalent to PH8A, 3387A and 6607 under ISO 4548-12 for particles > 20 microns. Engine protection is the FRAM measure of a filter's ability to not just trap dirt but hold it for the life of the filter.
3. Honeywell testing of filter efficiency (using FRAM XG3387A and XG8A average) and dirt holding capacity (using XG8A average only) and their leading economy filter equivalents under ISO 4548-12 for particles > 20 microns.
4. Follow recommended change intervals as noted in your vehicle's owner's manual. 10,000-mile change interval under normal driving conditions using fully synthetic motor oil.
* Note: All FRAM filters are compatible with all the oil types listed.
Meet Bruiser... a tough guy...
Yep he is mighty rough and tough... he had a Pit Bull dad and a Corgie mom... Bad timing for the pure bred Corgies who got out... Next photo shows his huge chest and odd shaped body.. I think his name should be Sherman for the Sherman Tank!
Tough Truck contest, Lucas County Fair. Agust 2nd, 2009. SHot with Panasonic fz18, and processed in the Gimp (with GMIC), and Picasa. I just miss summer, so i posted this to remind me of the fun i had...
nitrocellulose membrane filter
internet filter bypass website
big blue sediment filter
carquest oil filter chart
sand filter pressure
fleetguard hydraulic filters
carbon filters for air